1. Do women have to dress Chador ?
It is not necessary to wear a Chador unless one wants to visit a holy Shrine. They should wear a long sleeve shirt There is no limitation on the color or material.
2. Do women have to wear scarf ?
Yes, the head scarf should cover the hair.
3. Is it forbidden to wear a tie or a bow – tie?
It is not .
4. Are men allowed to wear short trousers?
They are not.
5. Is it possible to bring alcoholic beverages to Iran?
No, it is forbidden.
6. Is it safe to drink the water from the tap?
The tap water is drinkable, but it is recommended to have mineral water.
7. What is the Iranian currency?
It is Rial . In daily trade, Iranians use a unit called Too man, which is the unit for 10 Rial
8. Where can I change money?
You can exchange at the airport , there is Melli Bank , a better rate is available in Bureau de change.
9. Is it possible to pay by accredit card?
Credit cards , master Cards are not accepted in Iran, and ATM’s are not for International use.
10. Are there any internet facilities available?
Yes, there are.
11. Are women allowed to drive within Iran?
Yes they are.
12. Are international driving licenses accepted by the police?
13. Are roads in good condition ?
14. Is the power supply 220 volts 50 cycles AC?
the power socket outlets are 2 round circles, in which a plug with two pins can be inserted.
15. Is it necessary to keep the copy of the from after stamping by passport control of the air port?
Yes, please keep it until the day of your departure, when it will be collected by the passport control again . In case you lose the copy, please let the guide know.
16.Can I have handy cam or recording device?
Yes, please announce it at the custom, so that you receive a filming Permits for Iran .
17. Are there taxis or local transports available?
Yes there are, but no taximeters, It is advisable to Agree on a fare before hand.The majority of the taxi drivers speak Farsi.The airport taxis are a little more expensive than street ones. for Traveling between the cities one uses taxi, buses, railway and air plane.
18.Are there international mail services?
19. Are there English news paper and magazines ?
20. Are you allowed to take photos of military areas or some holy places?
No, you are not .
21. Do police men speak English?
No, most of them only speak Farsi, but they are very helpful.